Discover more from What You Need to Know
The CPAC Stage Was Shaped Like a Nazi Symbol?!
(And More POLITICS News)
Well, it's CPAC season, and the Conservative Political Action Conference, made the bizarre choice of using a Nazi symbol for the shape of their stage this year. Look I'm sure this was a harmless mistake. We've obtained a picture of the guy who designed the stage. See, totally innocent.
Get this. CPAC held a straw poll, and Trump won the most votes, with 55% saying they'd prefer him as the 2024 presidential candidate. The other 45% said they prefer a ticket of Marjorie Taylor Greene and the QAnon Shaman. I guess the lesson for any kids watching is, if you don't succeed in ending democracy and destroying America, try, try again.
In Texas, Trump-y conspiracy theorists posted videos of themselves failing to melt snow with a lighter to "prove" the snow there is fake and planted by "the Dems". Alright the jig is up. Come on, my liberal brothers, time to put away the millions of snowmakers we carted through Texas without anybody noticing, to cover an entire state with snow. You win this round, Q!
In Congress, progressives are trying to get a $15 minimum wage passed in a variety of ways, but it's not looking good. Meanwhile, Republicans have come up with their own legislation-- a $15 *maximum* wage... for women.
This made me smile. President Biden is loosening marijuana restrictions for his staff, allowing "limited use" for positions that don't require a security clearance. In a related story, Joe announced his two newest White House staffers, Secretary Cheech and Ambassador Chong.
Finally, multiple female aides of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo have accused him of inappropriate comments and touching. Look sexual harassment is already bad enough. No one should ever go through Cuomosexual harrasment. Ick.